Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Yeah!!!! I am Home!!!!!

I am home!!!!!! Yep, the Doctor let me go 12 hours early. The surgery was “text book” according to the nurse, who, by the way is the wife of one of my Maple Valley Firefighters. I was in my room about 10 and then was up walking by 1030. I was supposed to walk around every hour but I decided that I was going to bother the nurses more than they could bother me so every 30 min’s I was ringing the call bell so they could unhook me and I walked and walked and walked. I was also supposed to drink water out of little cups so I drank and I drank and then I was supposed to pee, that was not a problem. At one point the nurse told me to “Stop acting like I didn’t have surgery!” The nurse wanted to give me Vicaden but I didn’t have any pain so I didn’t take it. The Doctor came in and found out I was doing exceptionally well and told me to go home. Lisa and I were pretty happy! So I am home and doing very well.

1 comment:

  1. Lisa and Pat,

    The boys and I are delighted the surgery was a complete success and you were released early – YOU ROCK! You are a doctor's dream patient! Keep up the good work, but be careful not to rush yourself!

    Best wishes,
    Shelly and the boys

    ReplyDelete

Your encouraging words mean the world to me. Thank you for sharing your heart. ~ Pat