Monday, February 9, 2009

My Water Challenge

Tomorrow is my post-op appointment with the surgeon and the day I can start having protein drinks again. This afternoon I was craving protein but all I could have was water, wow, it’s a good thing water is a renewable resource! It is so good for you. I am drinking a minimum of 64 ounces a day. How much are you drinking a day? This is from betterhealthway.com, “Water is a natural appetite suppressant, so developing a good water drinking habit can be a long-term aid in achieving and maintaining a healthy weight. Doctor F. Batmanghelidj MD, author of "Your Body's Many Cries For Water" says most times your “hunger” is your body asking for water – not food. It's also important to remember that when the body is dehydrated, fat cells get "rubbery" and cannot be easily metabolized. This means that it's harder to lose when you don't drink your water.” Also check out http://www.thedietchannel.com/Top-4-Benefits-of-Drinking-Water.htm
So here is my challenge to you. Can you drink as much water per day as I am drinking? Coffee doesn’t count.
Water, pure water. I picked this up at FredMyers the other day for a couple of bucks and it works great. It holds 32 ounces and is easy to pack around. Come on, no excuses. I am drinking 64 – 80 ounces a day, I dare you, keep up with me. And just in case you’re wondering, it works.

Hey, does my face look skinnier to you? 37 pounds in 3 weeks

2 comments:

  1. Morning Pat,
    Glad to hear about water. I learned years ago that most of us are at a water loss! You can also try water at the first sign of a headache also. 75% of us a walking dehydrated. We drink lots of water here. so yes we will keepup with you... Thanks for the challenge. Yes your face does look thinner! Aunt judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am trying to do it. I dont know how much I drank yesterday, but it was definitely more than I usually drink.

    Amelia

    ReplyDelete

Your encouraging words mean the world to me. Thank you for sharing your heart. ~ Pat