Saturday, February 7, 2009

How Am I Doing???

Amazing well... I think. I have never been here before. I can tell you this, this is different. I want to share my struggles but really, right now, I am not struggling. I am getting used to the new eating. Four ounces of soup broth and I am FULL. Starting Tuesday I get to start protein drinks. If four ounces of soup broth fills you up what is a 12 ounce protein drink going to do. I will never eat regular food at this rate, and I am ok with that. Watching the scale numbers show lower and lower every day is actually exciting and each day gets even more exciting. And now the worry sets in. How long until I plateau? When will the cravings kick in? How soon before I get bored of chicken broth? But then I think, “Who cares” food is not what it used to be to me. I am no longer ruled by food. Getting bored with what I am eating, well in five weeks I can eat whatever. Wait! whatever I want? Everything is permissible but not everything beneficial. Food for the stomach and stomach for food, I will not be ruled by anything. The fact is, I can eat anything I want. The reality is I am only going to eat what is necessary whenever necessary because I am not driven by what I eat.
I am not the same person I used to be in this aspect of my life and I think that is why I am struggling. I think I should be thinking a certain way and I am not thinking that way and it is weirding me out. So onward I go, the new Pat and I like him!

2 comments:

  1. Pat: We are so very proud of you and continue to pray for you, and your bravery. We know this is going to make you an even better person than you are now. We will continue to pray daily for your total recovery and the new man you'll become.
    We love you, Uncle Rick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Pat!!! I am so proud of you. You are going to do great at this! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

Your encouraging words mean the world to me. Thank you for sharing your heart. ~ Pat