Thursday, February 12, 2009

I WANT TO NIBBLE!!!!!

It is 8:52, I am watching TV and I want to nibble. It’s an old habit of mine, eat something after everyone goes to bed as I watch TV. Potato chips, peanut butter and marsh mellows, just a big spoon of peanut butter, oh and my favorite, Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal. All of this is a part of the addictive eating. I didn’t want to eat but hey, it’s ok, just a few chips, just one bowl of cereal… maybe two. I am so glad that this is not me anymore. But tonight, sitting here watching TV, I want to eat. Lucky for me, I have you. Instead of getting up and getting something to eat, I grab my laptop and talk about my battle. And it is a battle. I have more energy than before, I feel like the freakin’ Energizer Bunny! I am feeling good but in my mind I am going through something like with-drawls, I am cranky and a little sharp edged in my attitude. I am sure you will understand when I say that sometimes it is the people we are closest to and love the most that we let our guard down with. So tonight, I am watching TV and talking to you, processing my thoughts and struggles and I am NOT nibbling!

4 comments:

  1. You're doing a great job Pat!! I love hearing your thoughts! It's so exciting to us to be able to be a part of your new life! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it Pat!
    Aunt Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we all want to eat something while watching TV, even when we are full from a big meal. You conquered and won that battle last night. Way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pat,
    You are such an inspiration! I have been back-sliding on my eating (I'm diabetic) and really need to get back on track. You have inspired me. So proud of you!

    ReplyDelete

Your encouraging words mean the world to me. Thank you for sharing your heart. ~ Pat