Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Surgery is Today

My Surgery is today, it's 4:35 in the morning and we will be leaving in about 25 min's. Am I nervous? I wasn't last night but I think now I am. :) I think it is natural to be a little nervous when you are going to be put to sleep, cut open (even laparoscopicly) and have something placed inside of you. Thoughts of the Borg from Star Trek and the creature coming out of the guys chest in Aliens come to mind. I am sure you can think of a few other things. But really, it's all good, this is a journey where there is no turning back from, no way, no how. I feel like I am about to get on a wild roller coaster. There is the fear and excitement all at the same time as you have waited in that long line and now you are just entering the loading area. You can see the cars, hear the reactions of the people getting off and getting on. In the distance you hear the screams of those already on the track as it swooshes by.... Yeah, that's how I feel right now and I think that contributed to the 1 pound weight gain that I am showing this morning. Well, wish me luck....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your encouraging words mean the world to me. Thank you for sharing your heart. ~ Pat