Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Dreaded Plateau

I know that looking at the daily weight lose section it shows that I have lost 3 pounds in the last 5 days. That is good and for sure nothing to complain about but I have to be honest, I am frustrated. I am not sure if it should be aimed toward my scale or at me. I few days ago the scale said 336 and then 333 and then 335 and then today 333.8, I hit… The Plateau… it’s a dreaded word in the weight lose world. That time period where you are tested in your resolve to lose weight. There have been many times over the years where I would hit this place and give in after a few days because I was frustrated. Losing weight is like a rush, you get excited, working out becomes easier, what your eating becomes acceptable and the scale keeps moving and then… The Plateau… I hate the plateau!!! Well, I am here… The Plateau… I have been feeling more and more frustrated. Suddenly the thought of two more weeks of liquid diet is dreadful. I really want to be able to eat something. But I can’t, I won’t. My resolve is being tested and I just simply am not going to give in. It’s hard but I have enough experiences with plateau’s to know that they will eventually break. It has been fun throwing my 4XL shirts into the Goodwill Pile because they are too big for me. It has been fun being able to walk longer and not get winded, to go snowshoeing. To hear the incredible encouraging comments from those of you who are reading my blog. Frustrated? Yes, but I still can’t wait for the after picture of holding up my size 56 pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your encouraging words mean the world to me. Thank you for sharing your heart. ~ Pat