Monday, March 9, 2009

AAAAHHHHHH to much food

I am finding that the hardest part of this new life style is getting my head wrapped around the fact that just a little food is enough to fill me up. I ate more then I should have again tonight. Not enough to make me sick but enough to say, "wow, I am really full." As I am loading my plate, or watching it be loaded, I keep putting to much on it. I think that food is still really important to me and that is something that I have to break. My attitude has to be, "who cares if it is a little or a lot" or, "who cares if there is still food on the plate". I am still losing weight which is really cool but the attitude of food and needing it, wanting it is still there. I guess that is how it is with any addiction, the key is to realize that it is there and then stand strong. Tonight I am realizing that over the last few days some of those "food attitudes" are creeping back up. I even had the thought that I could stop and get a taco on my way to Clark's to watch 24. I am not going to but I had that thought, I don't want that thought. Confession is good for the soul. Temptation is not the the sin, the acting out of the temptation is where the trouble begins but the more you dwell on the temptation the more you are likely to act on it, so you get it out in the open and deal with it. Tomorrow night I will be putting a little bit less on my plate!

2 comments:

  1. wow pat those are deep thoughts. The acting out on temptation is the hook. Go buy a food scale and only put the ounces of food that you want to eat for that meal on the scale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep every thought captive, in Christ. Yea! see ya, today I Hope. Al

    ReplyDelete

Your encouraging words mean the world to me. Thank you for sharing your heart. ~ Pat