Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Thoughts of Food

I was driving to the Washington State Criminal Justice Training Commission where I was going to be teaching a class to the Correctional Officers Academy and guess what I found myself thinking about? If you said food, you’re right on. I haven’t eaten anything but protein drinks, chicken broth, sugar free Jell-o, and water in 8 days and I am driving along thinking about what I am going to eat for dinner. What??? It was really weird. I was literally thinking about eating dinner and then I realized just how often and much I think about food. It’s all the time and I didn’t realize it until today, well, became aware of it and wow, it’s a lot. This is one of the behaviors that I am praying will be broken. I don’t want to be ruled by food and yet I am. I am so overwhelmed by the support I have received by those of you reading my blog, thank you. I want you to know that I could not do this without you. Dan and Malinda shared this verse with me. Matthew 4:4 Jesus answered, "It is written: "Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God." This is what I want and I know that the only way my mind will be changed is by the Word of God. So no more thinking of food, 2 Corinthians 10:4 and 5 ”The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.
For those of you who are believers, when you say a prayer for me today, would you be bold enough to write it for me and either put it up as a comment or e-mail it to me. And then stop for a moment and write whatever comes to your heart. If you have a scripture that gets you through the tough times, I would love to hear it. You see your faith, together with my faith, together with the word of God will break not only the strongholds in my life, but whatever they may be in your life as well. To God be all the glory, honor, and praise!

1 comment:

  1. Isa 61:1 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me;because the Lord has anointed me to bring good news to the afflicted; He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to captives, and freedom to prisoners... I am so proud of the choise you are making to get heathy and I beleave in you and even more important is that our God beleaves in you!! He gave me this scripture for you, to remind you that He has already done the hardest part of the job for you, He came to set you free!!!You have been held captive in your own body with all it's secrets and bondages, they are now being broken off, you are an amazing man thats why I fell in love with you, You will reach your goal because you are facing your giants. As you look at the land ahead of you full of those giants remember - the Spirit of the Lord is upon YOU! and God is bigger than the booggie man and a hamberger. I'm here to fight the fight with you and Jesus is here to win the battle. He who began a good work in you will be fauthfull to compleat it.
    I love you me

    ReplyDelete

Your encouraging words mean the world to me. Thank you for sharing your heart. ~ Pat