Thursday, January 29, 2009

Spiritual Encounters

Ok, today was a… good day, strange day, exciting day... I am sure that those of you reading this know that I am a man of faith and so if there are some things I talk about that seem religious or weird, it’s ok, keep reading and believe that I truly have your and my best interest in mind. Today I started walking in the spiritual warfare that I knew would be coming. My eyes are being opened to the spiritual side of the addiction that I am facing. This morning, during my morning walk I had a spiritual encounter. It was powerful and not positive. I knew at that moment I was walking into a spiritual fight. At that same time Lisa was in the room starting to get ready for work and suddenly felt the need to pray. Last night our good friend Marlena had a spiritual vision of this encounter and was praying for me. Tonight during the home group meeting Lisa and I go to, Eileen told me that she felt to pray specifically today. Ok, way too much coincidence to be a coincidence, something’s going on here. It is interesting that the day after I post a scripture about the aspect of spiritual warfare it starts. In the Bible there are many stories of battles. In a few of those stories God won the battle for the army without them even having to go out to the battle field. But, in most of those battles, even when God said that the army would win, they still had to go out on the battle field and fight. God has given me a promise through His word that I would not be ruled by the addiction of food. But I am still going to have to get out on the battle field. The battle for my mind, which I talked about last night, that battle is raging. I have to take every thought captive and make it obedient to the Word of God. I have been doing that all day and I will be doing that for a lot of days to come. Today, I started facing the battle of impulsiveness. Much of my food habit comes from impulsive behavior. I think it, I want it, I get, just like that. That has to change. I am doing a fast called by my doctor, it is a medical fast. During this fast the doctor is going to go in me and change my insides, my digestive system. I need this fast to be a spiritual fast so that the Holy Spirit can going in me and change what the doctor can’t touch, my mental and spiritual capacity and thought process. And so that is what this is all about, that is why this is a spiritual fast as well as a medical fast. And so I will continue to wield the Sword of the Spirit, the Word of God. Hebrews 4:12 and 13 “For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account.” I think that scripture speaks for itself.

1 comment:

  1. Hello you dear sweet man! I finally got all logged into gmail so that I can follow your very brave journey. I have caught up on all of your blogging so far and WOW....I SO admire your brutal honesty with yourself because that is such a hard thing! I had to chuckle also at some of the same 'secretive' activity you shared that I have also taken part in. Heck, I've done even crazier things that I now know you would totally understand. It's amazing the way we can rationalize and lie to ourselves, isn't it?....Anyways, just wanted to say that I am here to watch and support you and will be praying that your strength and determination stay strong and constant. I love you lots am VERY excited for you. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your encouraging words mean the world to me. Thank you for sharing your heart. ~ Pat