Sunday, January 25, 2009

Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups

I was walking through Safeway today with Lisa, we had some shopping to do. The middle isle end cape holds the candy bars and right there, eye level was my favorite, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. I looked at those wonderful orange packages and it made me reflect on the change I am making in my life. Just a week or so ago I would have not thought twice about getting a package of them, the King Size of course, and enjoying them before I got home. I am seeing more and more how my desire has ruled my life and brought me to this place. Walking past that candy stand actually gave me the feeling of empowerment I didn’t have to take a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup. It has never been about need, it is about want. I don’t have to “want” food. I need food just like we all do but we don’t have to want food. Thank you Lord for Your freedom!!!

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Pat! We will pray that the Lord will give you the grace and courage to continue and that you will find the freedom you are seeking. Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go!!! John and I are SO SO proud of you! You're doing a great job so keep at it! :o) We are super excited for you and Lisa and this new journey you're on! We love you very much!

    ReplyDelete

Your encouraging words mean the world to me. Thank you for sharing your heart. ~ Pat