Saturday, January 24, 2009

Journey to Freedom

I started my liquid diet on Tuesday Jan. 20th. My surgery is Feb. 3rd. For two weeks all I can have is clear liquids, protein shakes and sugar free jell-o. My starting weight, 391. Here is how the week has gone. Monday night the 19th, I went out to dinner with my great friend Tim, my "Last Super". I had shrimp, an 18 oz steak, a baked potato with as much butter, chives and bacon bits i could get on it. I washed it all done with two large beers and finished with an apple crisp and ice cream. I did this all on purpose, I know it would be my last BIG meal and I was going to enjoy every bit of it. I did. It has almost been a week and I have lost 13 pounds. It has been a challenge but I am drinking a ton of water, having my 2 protein drinks and jell-o. I walk every morning and go to the gym in the afternoon. Friday night when I was working out I started smelling BBQ. It was like someone was cooking a steak right there in the gym, it was intoxicating. It got worse, when I got into my car the BBQ followed, all the way home, into the garage and kitchen. It was hard!

3 comments:

  1. Pat, we are so proud of you and can not wait to walk on this journey with you. We will pray for you and fight for you during this time. We are just one of your biggest fans! May the Lord bless you and strengthen you during this time and may victory come. FIGHT ON!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat, great Blog! Keep strong and determined! Best wishes for a successful battle:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. From Susan Wharton
    Pat, I know you as a WINNER and you will win at this because you WANT to! Our family has loved and believed in you for 16 years. When we first met you, you were a skinny runt just out of high school and in college, a biking messenger up and down and all aroung town! Won't it be nice to get that energy back! The victory is not in the end; the victories are in the minutes! Way to go friend!

    ReplyDelete

Your encouraging words mean the world to me. Thank you for sharing your heart. ~ Pat