Sunday, May 17, 2009

The Key

Sorry, it has been a while since I was able to post. I have been so stinkin' busy the last week.... Exercise, exercise, exercise. It is hard to believe the amount of people who want to lose weight but are not willing to put in the work it requires. It seems that way with a lot of things actually. I tell you, it was hard at first but after a couple of weeks I started really enjoying my morning walks and now I feel weird if I don't get on in after I get up. It is amazing what a brisk walk will do, it is not hard on your joints, or your knees while jogging or running can be. Some of us "bigger" people can't run or jog anyways so we don't even go out and walk. NO! Go walk, just 20 min would work but if you can do 20 you can do 30. I will tell you straight up that I could not have done this weight lose without the lap band, it has not been my magic pill, it has been the tool to get me to where I am at. But the key has not been the band, it has been the exercise, I walk every morning, 30 - 40 mins and at least 5 afternoons a week I am on my mountain bike or the Bowflex we have at home. Eating right is a must but with out exercise, well...

3 comments:

  1. You are so right! Ted and I have just got a tredmill and I am walking almost every day now (usually at naptime). It is the piece I have been missing to loose my baby weight I still have not lost. I have never been a big eater, but this weight will not budge without exercise. My goal is to be able to wear my MC ring again!

    Best of luck to you!

    Jalene Cooke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey dude, you can do it OK? I know it's going to be tough but it can be done & of course the rewards will be well worth all the hard work. There's going to be lots of time where you want to give up but keep the old chin up and press forward. I know what you're going through as I now am in my own battle with cancer. Best of luck! Art Garland/Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Pat...you are doing awesome. I bet at times you don't "feel" awesome, but I am so proud and ...well just proud of you! I had a challenging thought for you. You made a comment about being "bigger" and not being able to run. Hopefully you'll take this as encouragement, but I am kind of a junkie on biggest loser. Anyway, I've seen quite a few bigger guys/gals run on the treadmills. Of course, there are extranious scenarios that keep some from running, but just wanted to challenge you if you need it. Even if you can only run for a min or two. Like you said, you'd be surprised at what you can do even when you think you can't!

    So, keep up the good work!! I look forward to seeing and hearing more progress from you! Also, I am glad that you are changing your life, not just your body! God bless you.

    ReplyDelete

Your encouraging words mean the world to me. Thank you for sharing your heart. ~ Pat