Monday, January 18, 2010

The Stinky Spoke

I rode in my very first organized Mountain Bike Race. Well, it was more of a fun ride then a race but I had a race number and 16 miles of riding with 700 other riders and , wow, it was a blast. If you look close you will see a pig on my handle bars, I am riding with a group of guys from work in a couple of races this year and our team name is the Pedaling Pigs. My life style is different but man, it has been a real struggle as I went through the holidays. I got out of the habit of working out everyday and it shows. My eating habits tanked as well, and it shows. I know what to do to get back on track so here it goes. Step 1, admit I have a problem. I have a problem. I am falling back into my old habits, time to stop. I have the will power to do it! Step 2, take action. Today I am writing in my blog, TIME FOR CHANGE!!! Step 3, follow through. Well, you will have to check back in a couple of days and I will let you know. So far today, I am doing good.


So, the Stinky Spoke. 16 miles of paved trail, some paved roads, single track trail, and gravel road trail. At one point on a long steep gravel road down hill I hit 39MPH. I finished 16 miles in 1 hour 32 minutes total, 1 hour and 25 minutes of pedal time for an average speed of 11.3 MPH. the next race we are preparing for is the 24 hour race in Spokane, the 14 mile leg of the Black Diamond Exterra Triathlon and the 12 mile Kayak leg of the Mountain to Sound 5 Leg Relay.




Keep check in and I will keep you posted! Ha, get it "posted" as in posting on my blog... ok Ted Cooke humor, sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your encouraging words mean the world to me. Thank you for sharing your heart. ~ Pat