Friday, November 13, 2009

I DID IT I DID IT I DID IT I DID IT

Do I sound excited? I should 'cause I DID IT!!!!! The scale read 238.8 this morning when I steeped on it which means two things, 1) I broke through 240 and 2) I am 1 pound away from having lost 150 pounds! Wow, I feel good. When I saw my doctor Monday I asked him about upping my protein intake because I am so active. Protein is essential to losing weight, If you are not getting enough protein your body goes into starvation mod and actually stores everything it can, I was drinking 90 grams of protein a day and when I was riding I would have to stop and eat a protein bar because I was feeling sick. Not a low sugar sick but a lack of protein sick and as soon as I ate it I would feel better. This week I am drinking 120 grams of protein, i have not had to stop and eat a protein bar, I feel better and I broke the 240 mark. If your trying to lose look at the amount of protein you are taking in. The Costco brand ready made protein drink in great. 11 oz of drink, 30 grams of protein with only 160 calories, low fat and low sugar, they are great! Well, only 18.8 pounds to me goal, come on 220!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. You go Pat!

    BTW, when I got out of my car this morning after driving an hour to work it took a conscious effort to be able to walk correctly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go!!! I am so happy for you.... Keep it up. You look great. What a journey that you have taken on and you have been so successful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WAY TO GO!!! You are on your way to winning the battle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pat I haven't checked this site for ages! I'm so proud of you!!! What an amazing accomplishment, you are an inspiration. Keep it up, so glad to see you are doing well! Many blessings to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete

Your encouraging words mean the world to me. Thank you for sharing your heart. ~ Pat